It’s that time of the year again! Mid-Autumn delights in the form of delicious jewels of mooncake are popping up at every corner. We reviewed Marriott Wan Hao‘s wonderful mooncake offerings last year here and are happy to have the opportunity to taste their exquisite offerings this year again.
This Mid-Autumn Festival, Wan Hao Chinese Restaurant of Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel presents 11 exquisite, low-sugar mooncake creations as well as a limited- edition premium gift set. Available only from 11 August to 15 September 2016, this year’s selections are even more interesting with to hot new creations like Premium Limited Edition Prized Karasumi & Angelica Baked Mooncakes (only available in the Royal Gift Set) and new snow skin flavours of Chocolate Brownie with Cookies & Honeycomb and Salted Caramel with Peanut Praline. Not forgetting old favourites like Black Truffle Roasted Chestnut Waxed Duck & Single Yolk and Chicken Bak Kwah & Assorted Nuts. I can already hear the Wows! 🙂
As always, Wan Hao’s lovely mooncake packaging aims to delight! This year’s offerings are presented in an exquisite 2- tier treasure chest of drawers complete with a magnetic clasps- super pretty and collectible!
ROYAL MID-AUTUMN GIFT SET
This year’s special debut highlight is the Royal Mid Autumn Gift Set that’s perfect for gifting! Featuring the exclusive White Lotus Seed Paste Baked Mooncakes with Prized Karasumi & Angelica mooncake with an elegant Aged Old Pu’er Tea Set encased in a chic red faux Crocodile Skin, two-tier treasure chest.
I tried this exquisite one of a kind mooncake and it is really special!
It packs in a nutritious mix of sweet and salty tastes from the Angelica(herb tonic) and Karasumi but are not overpowering and it’s no wonder why Wan Hao has selected this as a premium mooncake. The unusual ingredients especially the Karasumi (salted mullet roe) had my family guessing what was that very special taste! Quite simply said, it was a delight to try.
I always look forward to the creative snowskin mooncake offerings by Wan Hao because the chefs never fail to surprise and delight! This year’s creations include:
- Chocolate Brownie with Cookies & Honeycomb (New)
- Salted Caramel with Peanut Praline (New)
- Pure ‘Mao Shan Wang’ Premium Grade Durian (Signature)
- Sencha Green Tea with Japanese Red Bean
- White Lotus Seed Paste with Egg Yolk
Salted Caramel with Peanut Praline Snowskin Mooncake NEW
This flavour was totally my favourite and the hubs agrees! I love salted caramel and this combination was yummy… almost familiar too … hehee it was like a snicker bar mooncake! Such a great combination of sweet and salty crunchy sensations, what’s there not to love, so satisfying! Simply a Must try! 🙂
Chocolate Brownie with Cookies & Honeycomb Snowskin Mooncake NEW
Chocolate lovers will love this interesting creation! Imagine yummy bits of chocolate brownie ganache sprinkled generously in white lotus seed paste plus honeycomb at the core, and you will know why this choice will be irresistible for the sweet tooth! Tempted yet?
Traditional Baked Mooncakes
The health conscious and weight watchers will be happy to know that the flavourful mooncake jewels created by Chef and team are all low sugar, with no added preservatives or artificial flavouring. Overall I honestly liked that Wan Hao’s lotus paste was not overly sweet, just right! So mummies can indulge in their favourite mooncakes and share these traditional delights with little ones without worrying 🙂 At least I did! hehe…
This year, choose from over 7 types of different traditional baked mooncakes at Wan Hao:
- White Lotus Seed Paste with Black Truffle, Waxed Duck, Roasted Chestnut &
- White Lotus Seed Paste with Chicken Bak-Kwah and Assorted Nuts (Signature)
- White Lotus Seed Paste with Double Yolk (Best Seller)
- White Lotus Seed Paste with Single Yolk
- White Lotus Seed Paste with Pine Nuts
- White Lotus Seed Paste with Macadamia Nuts
- White Lotus Seed Paste with Single or Double Egg Yolk
Black Truffle with Roasted Chestnut, Waxed Duck and Single Yolk with White Lotus Seed Paste NEW, PREMIUM 黑松露烤栗子腊鸭单黄月饼
Back by popular demand, Wan Hao brings back last year’s premium really beautiful Gold Dusted Black Truffle Mooncake for the adventurous mooncake lover that wants something traditional yet extraordinary to impress.
Fans of waxed duck get to enjoy this wonderful savoury interpretation with the exquisite earthy fragrance of Black Truffles! I love black truffle (who doesn’t- now it’s everywhere even in French fries)! As with previously, my mum votes for this black beauty because of her favourite waxed duck!
White Lotus Seed Paste with Chicken Bak-Kwah & Assorted Nuts
If you are a fan of bak-kwah, the signature White lotus Seed Paste with Chicken Bak-Kwah & Assorted Nuts Baked Mooncake is a must-try. I super loved this last year, and it’s still one of my favourites from this year’s selection.
Inspired by Wan Hao’s renowned Bak-Kwah cookies, Wan Hao has combined Singapore’s favourite sliced barbecued meat with the nut-filled traditional ‘Wu Ren’ and white lotus seed paste to deliver the winning combination between moist and nutty, sweet and savoury.
What’s even more exciting is we’ve got 1 Box of my favourite White lotus Seed Paste with Chicken Bak-Kwah & Assorted Nuts Mooncakes for Giveaway for our loyal readers. So start sharing and you could win this exclusive set for your family to enjoy this Mid-Autumn Festival!
1 Box of Marriott Wan Hao Exquisite White Lotus Seed Paste with Chicken Bak-Kwah and Assorted Nuts Mooncakes
Terms and Conditions:
- Giveaway ends 31 August 2016, Wednesday at 2359 hrs.
- Collection of prize will be available at Marriott Singapore Hotel Concierge. Collection period is available from 2 – 9 September 2016.
- Winner will need to produce their NRIC and our email to claim the prize.
- Prize is fixed and decided by the Sponsor at the time of collection and cannot be changed to a different item. Collection venue, dates and time are fixed and no changes will be entertained. The rights to changes is however, reserved for the hotel.
- Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
- The Winner will be notified by the email provided under the blog comments and must reply within 24 hours, failing which, a new winner will be drawn, without notice.
- This giveaway is open to Singapore residents only.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to request for a redraw if the winner on our blog has also won tickets to the show from another giveaway.
- Incomplete / Half-completed entries will be totally disqualified without notice. Decisions are final and no changes/disputes will be entertained.
- All information is solely collected for the purpose of this giveaway and we will not send unsolicited emails to your inbox unless you have opted to subscribe to us (on the right of this page!).
- This giveaway is in no manner associated with any social media platform except our blog.
Best of luck and Happy Mid Autumn Festival!
~ SAys! Audrey
Note : We were extended 2 boxes of mooncakes for the purpose of this review. We were not remunerated monetarily for the review, all opinions and experiences remain our own alone. Photographs unless otherwise stated are copyright of Marriot Singapore. All other photos remain the copyright property of SAys! Happy Mums and may not be reproduced without prior notice or written permission given.
For orders or enquiries, visit www.singaporemarriott.com/mooncakes or call 6831 4708. Check out promotions here http://www.singaporemarriott.com/mooncakes/promotions/
Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel
Forecourt Stall, located at Hotel’s entrance
11 August to 28 August 2016, 11am to 9pm
29 August to 15 September 2016, 10am to 10pm
For enquiries, please contact us at:
Tel: (65) 6831 4708
Fax: (65) 6831 4553
|Offsite locations||Opening dates||Operating hours|
|Takashimaya, B2 Takashimaya Square||13 Aug to 15 Sept||10am to 9:30pm|
|Chevron House, Change Alley||15 Aug to 15 Sep||10am to 7pm
Monday to Friday only.
|Tangs Vivocity, Central Court A/B||16 Aug to 14 Sept||10am to 10pm|
|Tangs Nex, Level 1 Atrium||29 Aug to 15 Sept||10am to 10pm|
|Jurong Point, Level 1 Atrium||29 Aug to 14 Sept||10am to 10pm|
|Junction 8, Level 2 Atrium||29 Aug to 14 Sept||10am to 10pm|
|Bugis Junction, Level 1 Hylam Street||29 Aug to 14 Sept||10am to 10pm|
|Lot One, Level 1 Atrium||29 Aug to 14 Sept||10am to 10pm|
|IMM, Level 1 Atrium||29 Aug to 14 Sept||10am to 10pm|
|AMK Hub, B1 Sunken Plaza||30 Aug to 15 Sept||10am to 10pm|
|Tampines Mall, Level 1 Atrium||31 Aug to 14 Sept||10am to 10pm|
Personalisation of the mooncake boxes with complimentary hot-stamping of the company logo is also available with a minimum order of 50 boxes of mooncakes (Terms and Conditions apply).
[Updated 03 Sep ’16]
Our heartiest congratulations to below winners for fulfilling the requirements in the Rafflecopter giveaway! We will be in touch shortly with regards to prize redemption details. Pls check your email!🙂
[Updated 03 Sep ’16]