The highly acclaimed UK theatre companies Big Wooden Horse and Theatre Royal Winchester’s production team is back in Singapore. Presented by I Theatre, The Way Back Home, written by beloved children’s author and illustrator Oliver Jeffers, is a well-loved story for children aged 3 and above.
An inter-galactic adventure tale between a little boy and a Martian is coming to Alliance Française Theatre this September school holidays. It is bound to captivate the little ones with original music and plenty of audience participation.
One day a boy finds a plane in his cupboard. He flies his plane higher and higher until he runs out of petrol and lands on the moon. He is frightened, lost and alone until a passing Martian lands there too! Who is the strange alien? Can they be friends? And how will they find their way back home?
This exciting production for families and young children has been created by the team behind the hilarious stage adaption Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! and How To Catch A Star.
Adapted for the stage by writer and director Adam Bampton-Smith, “Oliver Jeffers’ fantastic picture book is perfect for adapting into a live stage version. The story of friendship between the boy and alien is one that everyone can relate to, coupled with those wonderful images that we have incorporated into the stage design. There is plenty of audience interaction and some great new music produced by the composers of The Gruffalo and Room On The Broom.”
Thanks to the our kind sponsors at I Theatre, we’ve got 2 sets of 2 tickets to The Way Back Home, worth more than $120, for giveaway to readers of SAys! Happy Mums! Details to the tickets :-
Date : 12 September 2015, Saturday
Time : 2:30PM
Venue : Alliance Francaise Theatre
To take part and qualify, please make sure ALL the following steps are completed:
1) COMMENT on this blog post stating the age of your children, Facebook Name and your email address.
3) LIKE and SHARE this Facebook post with the caption “Tag @Friend A Tag @Friend B Tag @Friend C @Friend D @Friend E Join me to WIN 2 Pairs of tickets to The Way Back Home presented by @ITheatreSG!”. Do set your post to PUBLIC so that we are able to verify your entry.
Terms and Conditions:
- Giveaway ends 5th September 2015, Saturday at 11.59PM.
- All tickets are to be collected by 8th September 2015, 5pm at I Theatre’s office, 27 Kerbau Road Singapore 219163. Tel: (65)6341 5960.
- Show date and time is on 12 September 2015, Saturday at 2.30PM and cannot be changed to a different day or time.
- The Winner will be notified by the email provided under the blog comments and must reply within 48 hours, failing which, a new winner will be drawn, without notice.
- This giveaway is open to Singapore residents only.
- Incomplete entries will be disqualified without notice. Decisions are final and no changes/disputes will be entertained.
- All information is solely collected for the purpose of this giveaway and we will not send unsolicited emails to your inbox unless you have opted to subscribe to us (on the right!).
- This giveaway is in no manner associated with any social media accounts except our blog.
Best of luck and we hope to catch you at the theatres very soon!
[Updated 7th Sept ’15 ->]
Congratulations Tamy and Nura! You would have received an email from us. Hope to receive your reply asap. See you this Saturday! ❤
[<- Updated 7th Sept ’15]
Thank you for joining us on SAys! Happy Mums. If you enjoy reading our blog, please follow us on Facebook or Subscribe to our newsletter (banner on the side bar) for the latest updates. We hope to see you back again soon.
~ SAys! Shirley & Audrey 🙂
ABOUT The Way Back Home
When: 12 to 20 September 2015 |Tues-Fri : 10AM & 2.30PM | Sat & Sun : 10.30AM & 2.30PM
Where: Alliance Française Theatre, 1 Sarkies Rd S(258130) (Map)
Who: 3 years and above
Duration: 50 minutes with no interval
Tickets available through:
SISTIC Hotline (65) 6348 5555
SISTIC Authorised Agents islandwide