Who can resist Cheesecake? Not me or anyone in my family and when you stumble on something really good, you have just got to share it with everyone!
I received a surprise Mother’s Day package from Cat & the Fiddle by Chef Daniel Tay on Tuesday and little did I know that I was in for a sweet treat of delicious Apple Crumble Cheesecake! Woohooo!! 🙂
The packaging was awesome and included a pretty Mother’s Day Card and a Red Carnation as well as DIY Stencils and snow dust.
What? Hold on! DIY Stencils? I was wondering, how does one create those pretty designs on the chocolate disc? I’m not known to be good at cake decoration… yikes!
Well it turns out that it’s really really really simple and fun too! And you will love the awesome results!
Step 1: Clean the customisable DIY stencil (there are other messages that you can choose from when ordering), place it carefully on the chocolate disc which is already on the cake. Hold the sieve over the stencil and slowly drop the snow dust into the sieve.
Step 2 : Take the stencil off carefully and viola! You have just decorated your very first cake! haha… Now Mum cannot say you didn’t make the cake! Well, at least you did part of the work! (Don’t tell her that it’s so easy.. ok?) hehee… :p
If you want a nice snowy effect, which I liked, slowly sprinkle more snow dust over wherever you feel like it!
Now isn’t that awesome already? Bet your Mum would even praise you for this pretty cake even before she takes her first slice!
And then, it was time to cut the cake and eat it! Not before we took some pretty photos that is!
Being a fan of cheesecake, I really liked this very unusual flavourful combination of Apple Crumble and Cheesecake. It was a perfect match of creamy cheese and the crumbly savoury goodness of the apple crumble. Mmmm…really delicious! hehe… Wey could not resist a slice of it even though he had brushed his teeth for the night!
If you are wanting to get a surprise for Mummy whether for this Mother’s Day or just any other day to give her a treat that will bring smiles, we recommend you visit Cat & the Fiddle’s website to choose from a selection of 13 Premium Cheesecakes that’s bound to make your Mama smile! They even have a cake made of samplers! Every cheesecake has a name and a story behind too! Very interesting!
Cat & the Fiddle, set up by Singapore’s renown iconic dessert chef, Chef Daniel – founder of Bakerzin, offers premium cheesecake that is sure to get you wanting more and ordering again. What’s great and fun is you can fully personalise and customise your cheesecake gift to make it a one of a kind special cake moment! I am totally in love with the DIY Stencils which are of very good quality and very reusable! Yay!
The delicious “Apple of My Eye” Cheesecake is very affordable and reasonably priced at $35.90 for a good sized quality premium cheesecake! Mum will not have to worry or be upset that you spent too much! My mum always nags me not to overspend hehee… The other Premium Cheesecake selections available range from $24.90 – $38.90. Wow! I am certainly going to make an order very soon! 🙂
Ordering is a breeze online at the Cat & the Fiddle website:
KA Foodlink #05-04 Singapore 368330. Phone: +65 6287 0077.
[ENDED] A Special Mother’s Day GIVEAWAY! [ENDED]
To take part and qualify, please make sure all the following steps are completed:
1. Comment on this blog post with your Facebook name and email and state whose Apple of My Eye Cheesecake is Meowlicious! (Hint : C_ _ & the F_ _ _ _ _ )
3. LIKE & SHARE this Facebook post with the caption “Tag @Friend A Tag @Friend B Tag @Friend C SAys! Happy Mums celebrates Mother’s Day with an Apple of My Eye Cheesecake GIVEAWAY!” – DO set your post to PUBLIC so that we are able to verify your entry.
Terms and Conditions:
- Giveaway ends Saturday, 9 May 2015, 12 noon!
- The Winner will be notified by the email provided under the blog comments and must reply within 6 hours to get the redemption coupon code, failing which, a new winner will be drawn, without notice.
- The Winner will redeem the Cake from Cat & The Fiddle website via the coupon code given, latest by 17 May 2015. The Winner is required to register as a member of The Cat and The Fiddle website in order to use the coupon code.
- The Winner may opt for self- collection of the Cake at 171 Kampong Ampat #05-04, K.A. Foodlink, Singapore 368330 or opt for delivery with additional charges of S$9.90 (after GST)
- Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Decisions are final and no changes/disputes will be entertained.
Have a very Blessed Happy Mother’s Day and do share the love!
Thanks to everybody for the overwhelming response. Congratulations to our winner!! We have sent an email to you. We hope to receive your reply within 6 hrs so that we can follow up with you on the redemption code for online order. Failing to reply within the stipulated time will result in forfeit and another winner will be drawn. Thank you for your understanding.
~ SAys! Audrey
Note: We were given an Apple of My Eye Cheesecake Mother’s Day package for the purposes of this review. All photographs (unless otherwise indicated) and opinions remain our own, as always.