It’s unbelievable but we are already done with the Chinese New Year holidays and it will be the one week school break next! Yay! for the kids but Nay! for some parents who need to think of ways to occupy the children.
We’ve got some interesting activity suggestions for the coming March School Holidays, some of which will probably be on our to do list with our kids this March. Here’s sharing our Top 8 Things to Do and we hope it helps 🙂
1. SKYLINE LUGE SENTOSA
If you haven’t been on the Skyline Luge Sentosa it’s probably time to bite the bullet and give it a go with the kids. We gave it a go last year and we just have to agree with their slogan, once is never enough. We decided to hit it on a late Sat afternoon. The plan was to avoid the hot sun and enjoy both the day and night tracks which would give a totally different feel to the ride.
As it was, we went on a total of 6-7 combo rides each and were literally zipping down the two trails, each 600 to 700-metre length and navigating the bends like an expert car-racer. Being addicted to the thrills was an understatement. We went on both the Dragon Trail and the Jungle Trail and finished our evening with a view of the mesmerizing vibrant disco lights.
1) Choose a good timing so you can enjoy both day and night views as you ride the Skyline and zip away on the Luge.
2) Don’t try to save by buying the cheaper package. We worked out that the best package for the family would be the Ten ride family pass (where a group can share 10 luge rides & 10 skyrides) for the price of $69. Check out here for other price plans but trust us, you will do better to just heed our advice and save time at the counter – grab the 10-ride family combo pass! Look out for credit card discounts at the counter too.
3) Pls take note of age & height restrictions here.
Skyline Luge Sentosa
Read on to find out how to win one of a set of 4-ride tickets to discover the fun for yourself!
2. FOREST ADVENTURE
We went on a tree top adventure at the Forest Adventure at Bedok Reservoir Park last September and the kids had a funtastic morning, overcoming each obstacle and crossing with careful steps. More exciting details of the challenge our little ones had, can be found here.
2) Great bonding activity for Dads and Kids. Dads can show off your prowess on the obstacles while Mums can play the admiring damsel armed with cameras to capture those courageous moments. Perfect plan!
Forest Adventure @ Bedok Reservoir
How to Locate (Train / Bus / Car)
Read on to find out how to win a pair of tickets to discover the fun for your children!
3. TO THE THEATRE!
This is probably one of our favourite activities for the March Holidays. We are very excited that there will be 2 great children’s productions, Aesop’s Fables by I Theatre and Goldilocks and the Three Bears by SRT’s The Little Company for children to enjoy.
1) Book your tickets early to avoid disappointment and to get best seats (not to mention the early bird discounts too)!
2) Read and share the stories with your little ones before watching the productions and watch the delight on their faces when they see them come to live on stage.
3) Get to the theatre early for the show so you won’t miss any fun.
I Theatre’s Aesop’s Fables
26th Feb – 21st Mar 2015
I Theatre’s Aesop’s Fables will present audiences with a collection of 8 stories including, The Jay And The Peacock, Androcles And The Lion, The Lion And The Mouse, and The Goose Who Laid Golden Eggs. Read about our pre-show introduction here. We are very excited to be going to this production and are expecting total fun watching familiar stories come to live on stage!
To our 4 winners of the Giveaway contest, congrats and we know you will have great fun too! Our Review is coming up next week!
And if you haven’t gotten tickets yet, hop on over to the SISTIC Website or call SISTIC Hotline (65) 6348 5555 for best seats now.
I Theatre’s Aesop’s Fables
Jubilee Hall, Raffles Hotel
Tel : (65) 6341 5960
11th to 29th Mar 2015
We caught the highly popular Goldilocks & The Three Bears (English version) 2 years ago in 2013 and will be catching it again this March Holidays at the DBS Arts Centre, Home of The SRT. We are more than thrilled that SRT is re-staging the same story but in Mandarin this time! What a great way to help our little ones be immersed in Mandarin whilst enjoying theatre. Stay tuned for our Review!
Tickets are available at all SISTIC outlets. Get 20% savings when you purchase The Little Company Season Pass for up to 3 TLC shows. Prices start from only $93. If you have not gotten tickets for this musical adventure yet, do act fast as our experience shows that tickets sell out quickly for all SRT productions.
Telephone: (65) 6733-8166
Mon – Fri : 10am
Sat & Sun: 11am, 2pm
4. SAFRA DAY OUT (GARDENS BY THE BAY)
We’ve also registered for this year’s SAFRA DAY OUT at Gardens by the Bay! Although we’ve never been to a SAFRA Family Day, this one sparked our interest because of Tulipmania 2015. Tulipmania 2015 brings the largest display of Tulips in Singapore all the way from Amsterdam, Holland.
With carnival and fringe activities at Silver Leaf (activity centre) including stage performances, exciting games and magic shows we are looking forward to family bonding fun.
|Venue:||Gardens by the Bay
18 Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore 018953
|Date:||Sat, 21 Mar 2015|
|Time:||3pm – 8pm|
|Family Package of 2 adults and 1 child
(SAFRA member only)
|$35 (U.P. $52)|
(SAFRA member only)
|$15 (U.P. $20)
$9 (U.P. $12)
What do you get
- Entry to Cloud Forest
- Entry to Flower Dome including Tulipmania 2015
- Access to carnival & fringe activities at Silver Leaf
- Event Passport for redemption of popcorn, candy floss & ice cream
- Goodie Bag worth $50 (only with purchase of SAFRA Family Package)
Register online here! Registration closes on Mon, 16 Mar 2015, 2359hrs. There will be no sale by the Organiser on event day. Call 6377 9865 for more info.
5. Resorts World Sentosa (RWS)
If there’s one place that we can take the children and know that they will have an absolutely good time, it’s got to be Resorts World Sentosa. Because the kids love Universal Studios Singapore (USS) so much, our two families hold the Annual Membership passes and we are loving it!
Our next favourite attraction is a tough decision between the SEA Aquarium and the Adventure Cove Waterpark. The SEA Aquarium offers a wonderful variety of marine life and our little ones never cease to be amazed there. It is also a great shelter from bad weather and a good end off activity after USS. Adventure Cove Waterpark is amazingly fun and our kids just love the tidal wave pool and the lazy river so much, not to mention the very super marine snorkelling station.
RWS Invites is a great way to get started if you haven’t been to any of the theme parks at RWS. With the Invites membership package, you can opt for park tickets which can later be upgraded to either Season Passes or Annual Passes whichever suits your needs better. RWS Invites is also great because it allows for points accumulation from spending in RWS and other participating merchants and full day free parking is very easily obtainable through the redemption of a mere $1.50 invites dollars!! Nothing can beat that!
6. Mall Water play
It seems the hottest new mall water play fun zone is at Kallang Wave Mall (Splash N Surf Zone) @ Singapore Sports Hub! Although the water play area isn’t big, the view of the city skyline more than compensates for size.
What’s cool about the Splash area is that it’s deeper at 50cm making more splashing good fun whilst toddlers can still have fun in a yellow bucket-seat carousel and not be left out while their older siblings go wild at the half-pipe surfing facility that provides body board and skim board riding at the Stingray. There is also a 1-m deep lazy river.
Kallang Wave Mall Rooftop (Next to Stadium MRT station)
1 Stadium Place, Singapore 397628
Open from 8 am to 10pm daily. Free Admission to all.
Read more about a xavvy-licious’s fun day at the Kallang Wave Mall.
7. Camping on Pulau Ubin
According to NParks website, camping is allowed at Jelutong and Mamam Beaches at Pulau Ubin where camping permits are not required. However, for safety reasons, campers are advised to inform the officers at Pulau Ubin Police Post on the day they are camping. If you intend to camp at Pulau Ubin with a group size of more than 20 people, please write to NParks_Public_Affairs@nparks.gov.sg to coordinate in case there are other large groups of campers on-site at the same time.
Toilet facilities are available at both campsites but bear in mind that the water is not suitable for drinking or bathing. Do note that NParks guidelines for natural area includes NO campfires, littering, tying ropes/tent lines to the trees or cutting their branches. NParks Officers are very serious over the protection of their trees.
Mamam Beach was reinforced by a seawall and ringed by wooden railing after it was threatened with serious soil erosion in 1999. There are benches and tables and a nearby toilet.
Jelutong campsite has been opened near Ubin Town facing the mainland. For more information call the Information Kiosk at 654-24108. Only Jelutong Campsite has facilities to accommodate a campfire.
Hop over to Stay At Home Mum of Three to read about their experience.
8. Watch a Movie
The much anticipated Disney’s “Cinderella” will be coming to our theatres on 12 Mar 2015. With recent year’s successful movie launches by Disney no longer stereo-typing heroes and princesses to the children these days compared to those from our times, this will be definitely worth to go for.
The story of “Cinderella” needs no further introduction. Despite the cruelty inflicted upon her by her stepmother and stepsisters, Cinderella is determined to honor her mother’s dying words and to “have courage and be kind.”
Watch the trailer here.
Kids can also make their own Magical Cinderella book with the help at this page . The finished story can be printed and made into a book.
With the above carefully shortlisted list of activities, we hope the March holidays will be filled with lots of fun and laughter. We’re sure we’ll be enjoying the activities as much as the kids.
So looking forward to the March holiday!! In the meantime, “Have courage and be kind.” 🙂
GIVEAWAY FOR SAys! Happy Mums Readers
(1) Forest Adventure is sponsoring 2 lucky families to win a pair of Kids Course vouchers each
(2) Skyline Luge Sentosa is sponsoring 2 lucky families with a Family 4-ride ticket each
To participate, simply complete the following steps :- Like SAys! Happy Mums on Facebook. Leave a comment under this blog post ONLY 1 draw you would like to participate in – Skyline Luge Sentosa OR Forest Adventure and providing your Facebook Name (used to join the contests) & email address. Each person can only select 1 draw to participate in. Like Skyline Luge Sentosa. Optional with bonus chance. Like Forest Adventure. Optional with bonus chance. Like I Theatre. Optional with bonus chance. Like SRT. Optional with bonus chance. Like & Share this post on Facebook with this message on your wall “[Tag @Friend A] [Tag @Friend B] [Tag @Friend C] [Tag @Friend D] [Tag @Friend E] @SAys! Happy Mums! is hosting 2 giveaway contests for fun in March Holidays!“. Make sure your shared post is set to PUBLIC so that we can see. An example is shown in the picture below.
- This giveaway is only open to readers residing in Singapore.
- Incomplete entries will be disqualified without notice.
- This giveaway is not in any way associated with any of our social network unless otherwise stated.
- Prizes are subject to change and fulfillment by the sponsors. Winners are not allowed to change the prizes or exchange them for cash.
- While we take responsibility to ensure a fair draw, the outcome of the draw will be final unless otherwise stated.
- All fake (or suspected fake) social networking accounts will be disqualified without notice.
- Giveaway ends on 11 March 2015 at 2000 hrs. [Edited on 09 Mar 2015]
- Winner(s) will be announced on Facebook and notified by email. Winner(s) are expected to respond to our email within 48 hours, failing which a new winner will be drawn without prior notice.
- For Skyline Luge Sentosa, Family Combo 4-ride tickets refers to 1-ticket for sharing by up to 4 family members and it includes luge rides & skyrides. At least 1 family member has to be below 16 years old.
. 10. For Forest Adventure, each voucher is entitled to 1 round at the Kids Course tree top. Child must have a minimum height of 1.10m for safety reasons.
Note: This is a carefully-selected sponsored post. Thank you for liking our sponsors on Facebook. Some of the suggested activities are what we do regularly and we cannot be held responsible for any incidents arising from the activities suggested.
All the best for your March Holiday Fun!
– SAys! Happy Mums Shirley & Audrey